Physiatry, also known as physical medicine and rehabilitation, is a branch of medicine that is dedicated to the evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal and neurologic disorders that can lead to pain and functional limitations that may affect your daily life.
Our Physiatry department is led by Daniel Groves, MD and Nicole Brand, MD. Both are outstanding providers of non-operative care for orthopedic, spinal, neurological, and musculoskeletal conditions and sports medicine injuries. The Pascack Valley Medical Group patient-centered and multi-disciplinary approach is focused on improving patient’s function and quality of life with conservative treatments, including detailed and customized rehabilitation plans, selective injections, minimally invasive procedures, and equipment such as bracing.
- Diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of orthopedic, spinal, neurological, and musculoskeletal conditions and sports medicine injuries
- Pain management
- Customized rehabilitation planning, exercise prescription, and injury prevention
- Electrodiagnostic studies
- Fluoroscopically-guided interventional spine procedures
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound and ultrasound-guided injections for painful joint, tendon, ligament, nerve, and muscle problems
- Regenerative medicine (i.e. platelet rich plasma injections)
- Orthotic (bracing) evaluation and prescription
- Holistic care – treat the whole person, not just the problem area